There are many opportunities for volunteers at the Museum in Lafayette. We are also building a volunteer corps for our Yamhill Valley Heritage Center in McMinnville! If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please click here: Volunteer Application and mail the completed application to: Volunteer Coordinator, Yamhill County Historical Society, PO Box 484, Lafayette, OR 97127, or email it to email@example.com. If you have questions, please call 503.864.2308!
The following list provides a description of many of the areas available for volunteering:
- Administration: (data entry, correspondence, filing, etc.)
- Artifacts Accessioning and Cataloging: (document, accession and catalog artifact donations. These duties require extraordinary attention to detail and the ability to see a full range of colors.
- Artifacts Preservation and Storage: (Must have a strong preservation ethic.)
- Docent: (Greet the public, protect the exhibits, and provide security in the Museum.)
- Education Programs: (Covered Wagon Program and curriculum development.)
- Events: (Some evening and weekend work, may involve lifting during set up and take down of chairs tables, etc. Duties can be performed in conjunction with serving as a Docent.)
- Exhibits: (Help research, design, and install exhibits and displays at both Museum sites.)
- Library / Archive / Research: (Assist patrons with research questions, filing and special research projects for exhibits work.
- Maintenance: (Keep the displays and exhibits in the Museum clean and in good repair, assist with after event clean up and other duties relating to the upkeep of the Museum.)
- Marketing: (Photography, brochure work, website development, writing articles for the Westside newsletter, promotional material for special events, and public speaking duties.)
- Membership Promotion: (Promote and encourage membership with YCHS.)
- Restoration: (Requires special technical knowledge to work on agriculture and other equipment belonging to the Society’s Permanent Collection. This program will commence upon completion of Phase I of the new Museum Complex, which will include a shop devoted to restoration and maintenance of agriculture and other Museum-related equipment.)
- Retail Sales: (Assist with sales in our future store, and sales of current Society publications.)
- Training: (Train others in areas that could benefit the Society and Museum. Please note your talent below and indicate your willingness to serve as a trainer! )
Board of Directors: (The Society seeks to always have a pool of potential candidates from which to choose new directors. We will keep your contact information in a file for that purpose.)
If you are interested in becoming a volunteer, please click here: Volunteer Application. Mail the completed application to: Volunteer Coordinator, Yamhill County Historical Society, PO Box 484, Lafayette, OR 97127, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have questions, please call 503.864.2308!